In Episode 24
Eric, John, and Oscar discuss some of the articles in the September 2019 issue “Master of Puppets”.
- History of PHP, celebrating “25 Years of PHP”, and the Impact Awards at php[world]
- Using Puphpeteer to automate Chromium browser tasks and testing.
- Code style, and refactoring legacy code.
- Code editors from VIM (and why Eric thinks everyone must learn it) to PHPStorm and Visual Studio Code.
- Promoting speaker diversity at conferences.
- Joe Ferguson joins to chat about generating PDFs with PHP, networking via user groups and conferences, migrating to Laravel 6, Homestead, and Open Sourcing Mental Illness (osmi.org).
In Episode 19
Eric, John, and Oscar record together again to discuss the April 2019 issue on the new frontend fundamentals, php[tek], and quite a lot more about web browsers than anyone anticipated.
- Eric and John get a look behind the scenes into what goes into producing each magazine issue.
- From the March magazine issue: new features of CSS, caching application output, templating and Twig, managing support issues, and more
- Chatting with Chris Hartjes, php[tek] testing track chair, podcasting, community conferences and getting the most out of one, and working at Mozilla.
In this Episode
Our hosts, Eric van Johnson and John Congdon dive into Testing in Practice and the April 2018 issue of php[architect] magazine. Share your thoughts on the topics covered and leave a comment below.
- Eric and John discuss unit testing, test suites, static analysis, authentication with Laravel and more.
- Oscar talks about the importance of training for employees, rants against image carousels, and requirements gathering.
- An interview with Robert Basic, one of the contributors to Mockery.
- 01:33 – Magento Masters
- 14:13 – Kevin Schroeder
- Magium – The Selenium-based testing framework for people who hate testing
- Magento Masters: Mentors
- Riot Games
- League of Legends
- Karen Baker (WebShopApps)
- Ignacio Riesco
- Guido Jansen
- Meet Magento NL
- Kimberely Thomas
- Bronto Summit
- Miguel Balparda
- Vinai Kopp
- Colin Mollenhour
- Peter Jaap
- Sander Mangel
- David Manners
- Brent Peterson
- Episode 8
- Mathew Beane
- Marius Strajeru
- Coronal Loop Safari
- The IBM i Programmer’s Guide to PHP
- Magento ECG – Conquer the 5 Most Common Magento Coding Issues (PDF)
- Creating A Magento Full Checkout Selenium Test in 1:46
- Kevin Schroeder, Magium – @kpschrade