Kalen finally convinced Damian to join Twitter in March. Things are looking up! Building on PWA is all too common for Graycore, and Damian shares his experience in delivering the next generation of headless commerce experiences with Magento. Listen now!
Eric Hileman sits down with Kalen to discuss team remote culture, how to maintain open communication in Slack, and how to balance technical discussion in meetings with non-technical contributors. Listen now!
What happens when a Dutchman with no air conditioning meets a Texan who sits mere inches away from an industrial chiller? Hijinx and hilarity! In this episode of Magetalk, Kalen sits down with Guido Jansen, and discusses the psychology of eCommerce and Conversion Rate Optimization, the future of the Magento Assocication, some Webflow-isms, and much more. Listen now!
In this Episode
Eric, John, and Oscar discuss the August 2020 issue, Data Discipline.
- Using SQL with non-relational databases.
- Data integrity with UUIDs and primary keys.
- Connecting and working to databases directly.
- Rolling dice with PHP
- Thinking about data types.
- Using Windows or Linux as your daily driver.
The post Document databases, MySQL, JSON-Schema validation, and PHP types appeared first on php[architect].
Kalen is joined by the venerable Riccardo Tempesta (a.k.a THE RICK) – CTO at MageSpecialist. They discuss the separation between a company and a personal brand, and Kalen’s forever stan of PHP as a coding language. Listen now!
- PHP RFC: Named Arguments
- PHP RFC: Match expression v2
- PHP RFC: Attributes v2
- PHP RFC: Nullsafe operator
- PHP RFC: Constructor Property Promotion
- PHP RFC: Union Types 2.0
- PHP RFC: non-capturing catches
- PHP RFC: Add Stringable interface
- PHP RFC: Saner string to number comparisons
- PHP RFC: Allow trailing comma in closure use lists
- PHP RFC: Mixed Type v2
- Linux for PHP
- PHP RFC: Add str_starts_with() and str_ends_with() functions
- PHP RFC: str_contains
- PHP RFC: Validation for abstract trait methods
- PHP RFC: Remove inappropriate inheritance signature checks on private methods
- PHP Internals Book
The post Eighers Gonna Eight with Sara Golemon and Garbriel Caruso appeared first on Voices of the ElePHPant.