This week Eric, John, and Thomas talk about what is on everyone's mind, COVID19. They also talk some MySQL and managing large databases, docker perks, and some general coding talk
This week Eric, John, and Thomas talk Githubs purchase of NPM, working remote, Laravel release cycle, and much more.
This week Thomas and Eric discuss how the entire world has decided to catch up with the technology of the times and start working remotely. Well that and a small pandemic to also help motivate companies. So what next? How are companies adjusting to remote life? The government is encouraging people to stay at home, work from home, and don't have any physical contact with other people, in short, a great time to be a developer.
We do hope everyone is staying safe and enjoy this episode of PHPUgly.
This week Eric, John, and Thomas talk about the Coronavirus and how it's impacting the tech world. Letsencrypt revoking tons of certs. And Laravel 7 hits the streets and Eric is already coding with it.
- Microsoft allows employees to work from home amid coronavirus outbreak
- Google I/O 2020 Cancelled Over Coronavirus
- Letsencrypt is revoking certificates on March 4 - nixCraft
- Laravel 7 is now released!
- DiegoDev Gusto referral code: https://gusto.com/i/eric15103
This week Eric, John, and Thomas talk Laracon Online, BUGS, Pis and more Laravel.
- Pricing: Laravel Idea - plugin for IntelliJ IDEA and PhpStorm | JetBrains
- Tailwind UI
- Laravel Livewire v1.0 is Here
- I'm an idiot and the rPi 4 has two HDMI outs
- A birthday gift: 2GB Raspberry Pi 4 now only $35 - Raspberry Pi
- Top Programming Languages to Use in 2020 - DEV Community
- Looking At The PHP 8.0 Performance So Far In Early 2020 - Phoronix
- Upgrade Guide - Laravel - The PHP Framework For Web Artisans
- Zttp is coming to Laravel 7 - Laravel News
- Taylor Otwell 🏝 on Twitter: "“Z-Engine” by @lisachenko is pretty interesting. It’s a cool looking library but also an interesting approach to licensing (at bottom). May share thoughts on this in my podcast snippet. (This library had nothing to do with my macros tweet today)… https://t.co/jeNV9u4un0" / Twitter
- Apple Watch beat the Swiss watch industry in sales in 2019 - CNN
- Visual Studio Online - YouTube
- Vagrant, WSL, NPM and nightmares
- After knocks on security, Ring makes two-factor authentication mandatory | Digital Trends
This week, Eric, Thomas, and John discuss some on the tougher days of running a small development business. They also talk about Eric's excitement over AlpineJS and Livewire. They also discuss Eric's effort to get CouchDB working with the Sushi package feeding directly into a Laravel Model. Also, is there a new HTTP client in development for the next release of Laravel?
- New in PHP 8 - stitcher.io
- 'Shadow' app that failed in Iowa caucus was doomed from the start, say those forced to use it
- 🤠 What if you could use an API endpoint for an Eloquent model instead of a database table???... 🤔👀 pic.twitter.com/UPPtFGYurL— Caleb Porzio (@calebporzio) February 6, 2020
- Our Pledge to Open Source | PhpStorm Blog
- Treeware License - Laravel News
- SSE Updates
- Using SSE Instead Of WebSockets For Unidirectional Data Flow Over HTTP/2 — Smashing Magazine
- The Mercure Component (Symfony Docs)
- r/LinusTechTips - Breaking News Linus Thinking About Retiring
- Important News about Jim Parry and the Project
- Schedule - php[tek] 2020
- Laracon Online 2020 | The official worldwide Laravel online conference