Exactly what is a “Full Stack” developer? It seems these days that everybody wants to hire one, but nobody can fully agree on what it takes to be one. Join Mario Peshev and Cal Evans as they talk about software development in the modern web.
Be sure to check out our show sponsor, Fathom Analytics - a simple, privacy-focused website analytics platform for bloggers & businesses - to get $10 of your first month of service.
Work hard and play hard is the mantra of a lot of startups. But is this the best way to run a company or team? Listen as Mario Peshev and Cal Evans talk about pushing back against long hours. Along the way they also discuss burnout, and generally having a life outside of work.
In Episode 27
For December 2019, we take a look at this month’s issue “Expedition PHP.” Our guest this month is Michael Akopov.
- php[tek] Call for Speakers and tips for submitting your talks.
- Migrating to a new framework.
- Mental health in technology.
- Why and how you can contribute to Open Source.
- Understanding how encryption ciphers works.
- A real-life example of how thinking like a computer helps to understand a bug.
- An interview with Michael Akopov about his background and diving into using serverless applications with Laravel Vapor.
- Further discussions about understanding and using the Dependency Injection pattern.
The post Migrating Frameworks, Depression and Mental Health, Laravel Vapor and Michael Akopov appeared first on php[architect].
- Laracon VIII is coming!
- Laracon EU - Europe’s Leading Laravel PHP Conference
- php[tek] 2020 - php[tek] 2020
- PHP 7.4.0 is now Released! - Laravel News
- Victory: San Diego to Suspend Face Recognition Program, Limits ICE Access To Criminal Justice Data | Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Tiny alterations in training data can introduce "backdoors" into machine learning models
- Laravel 6.7.0 Released - Laravel News
- What's new in PHP 7.4 - stitcher.io
- The Influencer and the Hit Man: How a Years-Long Domain Name Feud Ended in a Bloody Shootout
- 'State Snaps' founder convicted over armed plot to steal a domain name | Engadget
- PHP: Supported Versions