There's a big difference between conversation and snarky quips.
A short-ish episode this time out where our Dynamic Duo went guestless and talked about their recent conference experiences in Salt Lake City, Antwerp, and Miami.
- Check out our sponsors WonderNetwork, OSMI, and Grumpy Learning
- Buy stickers at devhell.info/shop
- Follow us on Twitter here
- Rate us on iTunes here
Links and Notes
More from this guest
In this episode, Jake and Michael talk about 80 new Pokemon, Jake streaming zip files from Amazon S3, Michael's woes with queues and Google Cloud Platform, as well as learning to code with PhaserJS.
In this weeks episode we chat to good friend of the show Joe Watkins. We start off discussion with his recent work on creating a compute-node, dual WAN setup and accepted PHP Serbia talk on contributing to PHP without being a ‘C wizard’. From here we move on to mention some of the areas (bug tracking system and QA) that could be improved with the help of new contributors within the PHP internals ecosystem. Finally, we highlight several recently proposed RFCs, his opinions on them and some work he is doing on a future RFC.
- “Server porn …”
- “Wireless networks …”
- PHP Serbia Conference
- PHP Bugs
- Remi’s RPM repository
- “#PHP devs: what features/changes would you like to see in the language?”
- phpdbg - php debugger
- Welcome to asynchronous multitasking PHP - amphp
- PHP RFC - list-syntax-trailing-commas
- PHP RFC - arrow_functions
- PHP RFC - immutability
- PHP RFC - request_response
- PECL - request
- [RFC] implement throws type for functions and methods
- Rack - a Ruby Webserver Interface
A chat about indirect vs. direct conflict, what passive aggression is and isn't, and some tips for responding to folks who manipulate others indirectly.
In this episode, Jacob and Michael are joined by Ian Landsman to discuss the exciting new conference venture Laracon Online.
Guest Starring: Ian Landsman
You can read the full episode transcript which includes time markers and links.
- Announcing Laravel
- Laracon Online
- Perch CMS
- Free .co domain to the first 20,000 attendees
- New Forge UI (Laravel Forge)
- Find Laravel code and packages with GitHub's new topics feature
- Manage custom VM with Laravel Forge
- PHP 5.6 is no longer actively supported
- Deprecations for PHP 7.2
- Homestead now includes MailHog (MailHog)
- Using Request::intersect() to simplify partial model updates