In this episode
A look at the Setting Up to Succeed issue for the month of January 2018 issue featuring articles to start the new year right. Share your thoughts on the topics covered and leave a comment below.
- Eric and John discuss the January features on background processing with queues, securing your website with Burp Suite, PHP Generators and more and more
- Oscar looks at what 2018 has in store for PHP, particularly when support for PHP 5 and PHP 7.0 will end and the RFCs proposed for inclusion an an upcoming release.
- An interview with Joe Ferguson about his monthly Artisanal column and Laravel Collections.
The post Episode 6: Setting Up to Succeed appeared first on php[architect].
In this episode
A look at the Talking Code issue for the month of December 2017 issue featuring articles on building an Alexa voice skill and chatbots with Laravel’s Botman project. Share your thoughts on the topics covered and leave a comment below.
- Eric and John discuss the December features on chat interfaces, machine learning, PHP_CodeSniffer, PHP 7.2, and more
- An interview with Katy Ereira about building Chatbots with PHP.
The post Episode 5: Talking Code appeared first on php[architect].
In this episode, we dive into the November 2017 issue and how to use Magento as your ecommerce platform. Have a thought on the topics covered? Let us know with a comment below.
- Eric and John go over November’s articles on debugging and contributing to Magento, headless applications, payment gateways, and difficult to pronounce author names.
- Oscar Merida goes over the tools he likes for setting up a development environment .
- Eric Mann, author of Security Corner, drops in to talk about PCI-DSS compliance.
The post Episode 4: Modern Magento appeared first on php[architect].
In this episode, we dive into the October 2017 issue and how to use Composer to build a modern PHP application. Do you have a thought on the topics covered? Do you use queues obsessivley, or not? Let us know with a comment below.
- Eric and John discuss October’s articles and what they learned about new ways to use Composer, building software that lasts, machine learning, and more.
- Oscar Merida opines about frameworks versus “plain” PHP and re-inventing wheels.
The post Episode 3: Composing Software appeared first on php[architect].
Welcome to the first episode of the php[podcast], a new podcast from us at php[architect]. We hope you’ll enjoy listening to learn about the latest issue of the magazine, upcoming conferences, and interviews with our contributors. In this episode, we take a look at the August issue and the topic of authentication and authorization in web applications.
- Oscar Merida talks about the launch of the podcast.
- Eric and John look inside the August issue.
- An interview with Brian Retterer about multi-factor authentication
- A chat with Eli White about the changes to php[world], our fall conference near Washington D.C.
The post Episode 1: Who Goes There appeared first on php[architect].