Eric van Johnson and John Congdon interview Scott Keck-Warren, who wrote an article on Boosting User Perceived Performance with Laravel Horizon, in the August 2021 issue.
- Getting started programming with QBasic
- Working with PHP, Laravel, and picking up new languages.
- Scaling with queues and tasks to send surveys and synchronize data.
- The benefits of using Horizon.
- Building a youtube channel for new PHP developers.
The post Interview with Scott Keck-Warren appeared first on php[architect].
In this Episode
We’re trying a new format in this episode. Eric, John, and Oscar recorded together. Let us know what you think of the new format? Should we keep it?
- Eric and John get a look behind the scenes into what goes into producing each magazine issue.
- Call for Writers – get feedback on talk/article proposals.
- From the March magazine issue: scaling your database, owning your content with Indieweb, OAuth and CSRF protection, the benefits of type hints in PHP 7 code, Margaret Staples’ survey results for Women in History month and more.
- An interview with Barry O’Donovan about migrating legacy applications to Laravel, his involvement with PHP, and PHP’s reputation in other communities.
The post Building Bridges appeared first on php[architect].
Eric Hileman from MageMojo and Mojo Stratus fame join us to get down and dirty in the nitties and the gritties about what makes scaling on AWS so difficult, and how running Magento in the cloud takes more expertise now than ever before.