In Episode 22
Eric, John, and Oscar talk about the July 2019 issue and this year’s php[world].
- John’s talks at php[world] in the fall and a few tips for preparing and rehearsing new talks.
- Getting started with Elasticsearch and working with specialized search solutions.
- Defensive coding practices and defending against insider threats.
- Maura Teal about her upcoming talk on WordPress Under Pressure: Tales of Sites at Scale, learning to program from her parents, WordPress’ reputation, and scaling large multi-site installs.
- Local development environments with Docker, Devilbox, as well as Amazon Linux.
- Preventing burn out with advice from Community Corner.
- WordPress, PHP, and semantic versioning.
Editor-in-Chief Oscar Merida records a mini-episode. In this first one, he looks at some RFCs submitted for PHP 7.4 and 8.0, and a new tool for detecting memory leaks with PHP Unit. Also, don’t forget to register to attend and support Symfony’s speaker workshop which starts soon. Details are in the episode and links are in the show notes below.
The post Editor’s Desk: PHP 7.4 RFCs, Symfony Speaker Workshop, Call for Writers appeared first on php[architect].