We welcome Joe Ferguson back to catch up with us about PHP, his column “The Workshop”, and more
- Virtual conference experiences.
- Looking forward to in-person events.
- Laravel Homestead, which Joe maintains. Uses and tradeoffs versus Docker.
- Docker Performance on Mac
- Local Development Environments
- Goals for his Workshop, eventually looking at Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
The post Interview #2 with Joe Ferguson appeared first on php[architect].
Eric and John talk to long-time contributor Chris Tankersley about contributing to the magazine and more.
- Getting started in programming and web development with PHP.
- Docker and using it across operating systems.
- Developing with PHP and the ecosystem around it.
- What kind of things he tries to cover in Education Station for self-taught programmers.
- Streaming when he codes and what editor he likes to use nowadays.
The post Interview with Chris Tankersley appeared first on php[architect].
7 amazing years of Magento, OroCommerce, and a special interview with Uri Foox of Pixafy
- 6:42 Magento History
- 12:24 Oro Commerce
- 26:48 Pixafy Interview
- 28:40 History of Pixafy
- 30:21 Why didn’t Magento Go push to Pixafy when it shutdown?
- 32:33 How are merchants referred to Pixafy?
- 35:27 System Architecture
- 37:47 How does pricing work with scaling?
- 38:55 Extensions
- 40:53 What size of merchant is Pixafy trying to attract?
- 43:01 Should brand new merchants use Magento?
- 44:13 Lessons Learned
- 47:11 Racecar driving at Imagine 2014
- 48:53 Magento Imagine Talk Titles
- 50:32 Wrap-up