In Episode 25
Our crew sat down and snagged some interviews in the atrium at php[world] in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia. This episode packs a lot into one hour and 13 minutes.
- Practical static analysis tools like Psalm and PHPStan and moving away from DocBlocks to using native PHP 7 type hints.
- John reflects on how his first talk went and the keys to giving a good talk.
- Cal Evans on php[world], the breadth of the PHP community, new stuff in PHP 7.4, searching for PHP related information online, and his new role with SiteGround.
- Taylor Otwell discusses how Laravel started, what’s new in Laravel 6, the potential impact of PHP 7’s JIT compiler, focusing on open-source and educational efforts in 2020, and funding open-source work.
- Gary Hockin goes over his advice in Community Corner about getting started in public speaking, how speaking at conferences can impact your career, and how to choose talk topics.
- Samantha Quiñones chats about her keynote at php[world], the history of computing, COBOL, preparing talks, PHP’s strength as a web-first language, and working at SkillShare.
The post Interviews from php[world]: Cal Evans, Taylor Otwell, Samantha Quiñones, and Gary Hockin appeared first on php[architect].