In this Episode
Fresh off of hosting WavePHP in San Diego, Eric van Johnson and John Congdon put the finishing touches on the latest episode. Share your thoughts on the topics covered and leave a comment below.
- Eric and John talk about stickers, forthcoming PHP 7.3 improvements like garbage collection, how to make estimates, penetration testing for security, job hunting, and more.
- Sammy Kaye Powers joins to discuss podcasting, swing dancing, and challenges when upgrading legacy applications. He touches on why you should upgrade,receiving active support from the PHP internals team, the upgrade path once you’re on PHP 7, deprecated features which most projects have to face, handling exceptions, and dealing with uniform variable syntax. Finally, he previews what might be added in PHP 8.
The post Episode 13 – PHP 7.3 appeared first on php[architect].
“They thought I did it in Node.js and I did it in jQuery and they emoji’d me to death” Kalen reacts to the livestream and Phillip talks about the SD Accelerator, Magento 2.0 End of Life, long-term support, the coming onslaught of B2B into our Magento builds.
In this Episode
Our hosts, Eric van Johnson and John Congdon look at Long Running PHP the March 2018 issue of php[architect] magazine. Share your thoughts on the topics covered and leave a comment below.
- Eric and John go over the March features about writing daemons with PHP, Linux containers beyond Docker, accessibility, code reviews, and more.
- Oscar shares his experience recently upgrading a PHP 5 application to PHP 7.
- An interview with Chris Pitt, about the community in South Africa and his article on Evolving PHP.
The post Episode 8 – Long Running PHP appeared first on php[architect].