Phillip gets a Mage2.tv preview, Kalen ponders post-developer life, Phillip covers 2017 in review, and – how to go about picking a local Magento partner.
In MageTalk Episode 153 we cover Magento 2.2.2(.220.127.116.11.2.2)’s release – and the guys get down and dirty into the features which make it one of the best (and most impressive) releases of Magento 2 yet. “Dogfooding” leads to increased understanding of problems and leads to better product ownership. Phillip talks about in-house ecommerce directors at solutions partners like Something Digital, and Kalen talks about the importance of brand and how social proof will replace brand.
- Congrats to Ali Ahmed and Imagination Media for becoming Magento Solution Partners
Improvements to MageTalk Website!
- MFTF http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/magento-functional-testing-framework/introduction.html
- In the FTF you get used to code in PHP and XML to write tests. With MFTF you need XML only! – No need to learn PHP for tests writers anymore.
How many full time ecom developers have actually setup/run their own store
Thread on brands / naked brands
- Thread: https://twitter.com/david_perell/status/939618974509228032
- “Naked brands” – https://twitter.com/david_perell/status/939942771540025345