Rebecca “Becky” Brocton joins MageTalk co-host fame by stepping in for Kalen! Phillip soon learns that she can talk as much as him and he’s not getting a word in edgeways!
For the opening of this show, Phillip quizzes Rebecca on her new role for JH and what the company is up to in the Magento space.
Frontend Developer at JH, Shane Osbourne, recently did a talk at Mage Titans on a B2B app that runs on both iOS and Android, is powered by the APIs made available in Magento 2 and utilises the cutting edge React Native framework. You can find out more about this and watch his talk on the Mage Titans YouTube channel linked to below.
“It’s really sexy! But because it’s B2B people don’t realise how sexy it is” – Rebecca Brocton
The recent Mage Titans event has so much great content coming out, all the talks are up on YouTube for all to enjoy along with Rebeccas #TitanInterviews with some of the attendees who were at the event.
A belated Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating in the US!
The hype for Black Friday & Cyber Monday is building. Try as you may, to implement a no deployments rule for the week working up to these big spend days, you try in vain.
Space 48 acquires leading eCommerce agency Meanbee and so massive congratulations to both of them! These two companies have been coopetitioning(?) in the Magento space for a long time and the Meanbee MD, Tom Robertshaw, was actually one of the speakers at the first ever Mage Titans event that they held and Nick Jones, Meanbee’s CTO, is a Titan of Magento industry. It’s an exciting time there for both companies!
What is the most benign evil thing that you do? – Phillip Jackson
If you ever have the chance to play beer pong with Rebecca & her wife, don’t. You will lose.
Why don’t people ever comment on our podcasts or videos? tumbleweed
MageTestFest got a lot of appreciation from the community and props go to Yireo & Jisse Reitsma for organising the event. Phillip predicts that there will be more development focused events like this and also believes it would be nice to see more online events. When is the best time to plan an event? Bearing in mind budget and planning for companies to attend and sponsor events.
Magento has a new functional testing framework! And it’s written entirely in XML documents… it’s had some pretty interesting reviews.
Are resumes / CVs dead? Is it all moving to LinkedIn and online resumes? Phillip & Rebecca discuss this subject that Kalen brought up on twitter recently.
Will you be at Magento Imagine 2018? We want to see you there!
Links / Mentions
- Rebecca Brocton (Aka.Becky)
- Magento B2B Commerce Hub
- JH and Perch & Parrow: 2017 Magento Imagine Excellence Award for Best Mobile Experience
- JH and Sunspel: 2016 Magento Imagine Excellence Award for Best Mobile Experience
- B2B Selco App: Manage your Trade Projects using only your phone!
- Shane Osbourne at Mage Titans: Using React-Native to Build an M2 Powered App
- Mage Titans Manchester 2017 Videos
- Interviews with Titans: #TitanInterviews
- Ray Bogman Interview: MageTalk 149
- Merchant to Merchant Episode 6: Baked by Melissa
- Space 48 acquires Meanbee: Stronger Together
- Magento Events Cheat Sheet: Nick Jones
- Magento Agency Acquisitions: MageTalk 150
- Ciaran McNulty?s Tweet
- Commerce Hero Daily #30: Resumes are dead. Long live LinkedIn profiles – Kalen Jordan &
- Up Up & Away Podcast: Commerce Hero
- Commerce Hero: YouTube Channel
- Magento Imagine 2018
- Rebecca Brocton: YouTube Channel
Download transcript here: Coming soon
Phillip Jackson – @philwinkle
Rebecca Brocton – @rebeccabrocton
- Mallory Triana – Transcription
- Rebecca Brocton – Show Notes
- Chris Harry – Production and Editing