In this episode, we sit down and talk about a little bit of everything – from advertising to Kalen’s track record on predictions, a little bit of Magento, and moaar.
Kalen has launched a new youtube channel and we cross-posted this episode there as well as here for Magetalk.
In this episode, we sit down and talk with Willem Wigman, the inventor of the Hyva Frontend Magento Development framework.
Phillip and Kalen are trying to do the oft-attempted, rarely accomplished Reverse Podfade.
Will they succeed? Only time will tell.
Thanks for listening! Please leave us feedback in the comments below.
You can subscribe to our podcast on iTunes and access the RSS feed here.
We know that you have a lot of options when choosing a Magento host – but we want you to give MageMojo a try. Not only does MageMojo have the fastest SLA in the entire industry – a mere 15 minutes! – but they’ll even pay up to 3 months of your hosting bill to get you back on your old host if you’re not satisfied.
Switch over to MageMojo today by visiting this special URL at http://magemojo.com/magetalk. Read over 300 MageMojo reviews on shopperapproved.com.
MageMail is the triggered email app for Magento. Triggered email can increase your revenue by 8% to 12% – MageMail is easy and risk-free to try out, and comes with a free concierge onboarding service, so all you have to do is sit back and watch the orders roll in. Start your free trial today!
Commerce Hero is like LinkedIn for Magento, without all the recruiters and with a lot more cool Magento stuff. Check it out!
These show notes are brought to you by Rebecca Troth – go check out her youtube channel!
It’s the 2017 prediction show!
The last recorded show of 2016 is full of “seriously inaccurate” predictions for 2017 and community shoutouts. Max Chadwick’s Page Cache Hit Rate module is named extension of the week by Kalen!
- Magento to continue with their current string of mergers and acquisitions
- Phil makes a bold prediction about the companies he thinks Magento will start to acquire
- Magento will begin to internalise more key components of the platform
- There will be a vegan chef at Magento before the end of 2017
- Willem de Groot for Chief Security Officer
- Extension companies will begin to have the option to buy the M1 and M2 licence at once as many are in a transition phase currently. (Credit: Kris Brown)
- Magento POS
- Phalen will finally meet Rebecca Troth this year
- Brent Peterson will continue to annoy everybody with Twitter spam
- We will see more Magento video content
- Magento Inc. goes public
- Magento to acquire an email service
- Cloud edition needs to be more accessible
- Magento will become a grocery store
- Aitoc & ionCube on MageTalk
Thank you for making 2016 a great year, MageTalk out.