This week on the podcast, Eric, John, and Thomas about getting blocked on twitter, Eric continues to rave about Larave Livewire and Laravel View Blade Components, the newest release of Laravel and upgrading Linux in place.
This week on the podcast, Eric, John, and Thomas have an in-depth about business models built around Open Source solutions. They also touch on;
- Tracking PHP Changes on PHP.watch
- Tracking Laravel changes on laravel-merged.com
- Issues with Windows Updates
- PHP 8's Release Schedule is Available
- Wanted: People who know a half century-old computer language so states can process unemployment claims
- Moving from reCAPTCHA to hCaptcha
- COBOL-coding volunteers sought as creaking mainframes slow New Jersey's coronavirus response • The Register
- Boeing 787s must be turned off and on every 51 days to prevent 'misleading data' being shown to pilots • The Register
- 10 Famous Bugs in The Computer Science World - GeeksforGeeks
- Encrypt PHP Source Code and PHP Obfuscation Solution
- Download New Microsoft Edge Browser | Microsoft
- Sunday marked 9 years since Composer's first commit! 🎂 To celebrate this `composer self-update --snapshot` now gives you 2.0-dev builds! 🚀 Try it out, let us know how things go. Please report issues on GitHub. 💥 #composerphp #php— Jordi Boggiano (@seldaek) April 7, 2020
- Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19603 | Windows Experience Blog
This week Eric, John, and Thomas talk about what is on everyone's mind, COVID19. They also talk some MySQL and managing large databases, docker perks, and some general coding talk
This week Eric, John, and Thomas talk Githubs purchase of NPM, working remote, Laravel release cycle, and much more.
This week Thomas and Eric discuss how the entire world has decided to catch up with the technology of the times and start working remotely. Well that and a small pandemic to also help motivate companies. So what next? How are companies adjusting to remote life? The government is encouraging people to stay at home, work from home, and don't have any physical contact with other people, in short, a great time to be a developer.
We do hope everyone is staying safe and enjoy this episode of PHPUgly.
This week Eric, John, and Thomas talk about the Coronavirus and how it's impacting the tech world. Letsencrypt revoking tons of certs. And Laravel 7 hits the streets and Eric is already coding with it.
- Microsoft allows employees to work from home amid coronavirus outbreak
- Google I/O 2020 Cancelled Over Coronavirus
- Letsencrypt is revoking certificates on March 4 - nixCraft
- Laravel 7 is now released!
- DiegoDev Gusto referral code: https://gusto.com/i/eric15103
This week Eric, John, and Thomas talk Laracon Online, BUGS, Pis and more Laravel.
- Pricing: Laravel Idea - plugin for IntelliJ IDEA and PhpStorm | JetBrains
- Tailwind UI
- Laravel Livewire v1.0 is Here
- I'm an idiot and the rPi 4 has two HDMI outs
- A birthday gift: 2GB Raspberry Pi 4 now only $35 - Raspberry Pi
- Top Programming Languages to Use in 2020 - DEV Community
- Looking At The PHP 8.0 Performance So Far In Early 2020 - Phoronix
- Upgrade Guide - Laravel - The PHP Framework For Web Artisans
- Zttp is coming to Laravel 7 - Laravel News
- Taylor Otwell 🏝 on Twitter: "“Z-Engine” by @lisachenko is pretty interesting. It’s a cool looking library but also an interesting approach to licensing (at bottom). May share thoughts on this in my podcast snippet. (This library had nothing to do with my macros tweet today)… https://t.co/jeNV9u4un0" / Twitter
- Apple Watch beat the Swiss watch industry in sales in 2019 - CNN
- Visual Studio Online - YouTube
- Vagrant, WSL, NPM and nightmares
- After knocks on security, Ring makes two-factor authentication mandatory | Digital Trends