This episode marks a return, both for special guest Selena Deckelmann, and our special hand-made artisan podcasting. Know that this episode was made with locally-sourced bytes, harvested with care and respect for the Earth. We talk with Selena about working at Mozilla, her switch to Linux on the desktop, and how marketing is weightier than merit in determining a product’s success.
This episode’s super-special sponsor is EasyBib! They are looking for junior and senior PHP devs to work on their awesome academic web app. Check out the job description and email stuff to email@example.com.
Links and Notes
- Selena Deckelmann
- Ed’s old gig at Purdue
- Standards, Soapboxes, and Shamans
- Bitkeeper Wikipedia page with history of usage on Linux kernel dev
- The Grumpy Programmer’s Guide To Building Testable PHP Applications
- Deadwood’s Favorite Word
- How Big Corporations Play The Open Source Game
- Actual Facebook Graph Searches
- Yii Framework
- Selena’s curry recipe