Thanks for listening! Please leave us feedback in the comments below.
You can subscribe to our podcast on iTunes and access the RSS feed here.
We know that you have a lot of options when choosing a Magento host – but we want you to give MageMojo a try. Not only does MageMojo have the fastest SLA in the entire industry – a mere 15 minutes! – but they’ll even pay up to 3 months of your hosting bill to get you back on your old host if you’re not satisfied.
Switch over to MageMojo today by visiting this special URL at http://magemojo.com/magetalk. Read over 300 MageMojo reviews on shopperapproved.com.
MageMail is the triggered email app for Magento. Triggered email can increase your revenue by 8% to 12% – MageMail is easy and risk-free to try out, and comes with a free concierge onboarding service, so all you have to do is sit back and watch the orders roll in. Start your free trial today!
Commerce Hero is like LinkedIn for Magento, without all the recruiters and with a lot more cool Magento stuff. Check it out!
- Phillip Jackson – @philwinkle
- Kalen Jordan – @kalenjordan
Episode 114 see’s Phil & Kalen sit down with Rebecca Troth.
Who is Rebecca Troth? She started with Magento in 2013 as a Junior Developer and introduced herself to the Magento community by means of a Magento YouTube Channel in June 2016. Now the Channel Manager at Ingenico ePayments (Previously Project Manager at iWeb), she is looking forward to getting more involved with the community and having a regular spot on Mage Talk .
Y’all read for this? There is going to be a MageTalk booth at Magento Imagine 2016! Live interviews, news and coverage of the event. Will you be there? Then look out for it!
Phil shares what we found out during the Magento Partner/Sales Kickoff including where Magento have been and where they are going in 2017! (He did clear some of these with Paul Boisvert)
- Cloud first. Magento are pushing their cloud offering to become a rapid development and rapid deployment enterprise platform.
- Age of Platforms – Magento have the youngest platform on the market.
- The partner channel to start to recognise community work more.
- The growth of ship from store.
Will Magento start to eyeball some shipping acquisitions? The group also get onto the Magento development and deployment process along with the issues raised by the community recently.
Magento acquired Bluefoot, a Powerful PageBuilder which has already been given to enterprise partners and is coming for community edition.
There was a new study by IDC on the scope of the Magento ecosystem as a whole:
- 101 billion in transaction revenue
- 4.2 billion in partner revenue
- 280,000 jobs enabled by Magento
2017 is Magento 2’s year!
— More show notes coming soon! Love, Rebecca
- Magentube – Rebecca Troth
- Magento Imagine – April 3-5
- Bluefoot – Powerful PageBuilder for Magento
- Research by IDC – Magento Economy Study
- Magento DevBox
- Mage Titans Italy & Speaker Package