Listen to Eric, John, and Oscar discuss the articles in the October 2020 issue, Running Parallel.
- OSMI 2020 Mental Health in Tech Survey.
- Asynchronous PHP with Swoole.
- Scaling and other use cases for serverless tasks, like file uploads.
- This month’s puzzle on cleaning up directions.
- Paying down technical debt with unit tests.
- Finding and fixing race conditions.
- Setting headers to harden your web application with Mozilla Observatory.
- WSL, homestead, and developing on Windows using Linux tools.
- and more (as usual)
The post Asynchronous programming, testing, race conditions, mental health in tech, and more appeared first on php[architect].
Demin Yin, evangelist for Swoole, joins Eric Van Johnson and John Congdon to talk about the project and more.
- Writing event-driven, non-blocking PHP applications.
- Supporting for asynchronous programming and concurrent processes.
- Performance of Swoole for handling millions of requests.
- Taking advantage of extensions to add new features or improve performance.
- Integrations with PHP frameworks like Laminas.
- Swoole as an HTTP server and in embedded devices.
- Getting started with HTML, CSS, and other dynamic languages for web development.
Neste episódio a conversa de café vamos ver como está a correr o #Hacktoberfest 2020, e discutir o estado actual da comunidade Portuguesa do Laravel.
Segue-se para a tradicional Nêspera e para terminar, uma rodada de Rapidinhas.
This episode is sponsored by Fathom Analytics, simple, privacy-focused website analytics for bloggers & businesses and Workvivo, the employee communication platform for the modern workplace.
You can catch the live stream of this episode on YouTube.
- No, Microsoft is not rebasing Windows to Linux
- Removing “Annoying” Windows 10 Features is a DMCA Violation, Microsoft Says
- mescon/Muximux: A lightweight way to manage your HTPC
- The PHPUgly Anthem
PHPUgly streams the recording of this podcast live. Typically every Thursday night around 9 PM PT. Come and join us, and subscribe to our Youtube Channel, Twitch, or Periscope. Also, be sure to check out our Patreon Page.